After a tough passage to Atwood Harbour, Acklins Island, we decided to take a day off and catch up on our blogging and video editing. We are getting more efficient, but it is still quite time-consuming. Luckily it was Sunday, so we could text Lindsay every time we ran into a snag.
Once that and the laundry were done (yes, we have an onboard washing machine), we vacuumed-packed the Mahi we had in the fridge from the previous day. It yielded 14 dinners for two – not bad. We then turned our attention to our fuel supply. We had 2 more days of motor-sailing before we would make land in the Turks and be able to replenish our diesel. Our fuel gauges indicated that we had plenty of diesel, but somehow their readings seemed a bit off. So we confirmed our suspicion by measuring the depth of fuel directly in each tank (I will have a more thorough discussion of this process in a technical blog at a later date). The good news is we do have plenty of fuel, the bad news is the gauges are certainly off and will need to be adjusted under warranty in Tortola.
At night, Benny turned on the underwater lights at the stern of the boat. She spotted a couple of Big-Eyed Jacks and fed them the Mahi skin we had removed from the fillets that morning. See the video below.